- Our student population has increased by 8% over the last 5 years and 21% since 2008.
- Nearly half of our schools are over 100 years old.
- The pandemic has taken a toll on our students’ mental health
- The dropout rate for English Learner students was 13.7% in 2019, among the highest in the state
- Over two-thirds of MA employers have trouble finding people with the right skills
- Three terms on the Lynn School Committee, Chair of the Policy Subcommittee
- Helped develop new initiative for students across the district to learn job skills after school at Lynn Tech
- Founded wrestling program with teams at the varsity high school and middle school levels
- Build new schools, starting with Pickering Middle School
- For more on what it will take to build new schools, check out “School building formula failing Gateway Cities” and Op-Ed by Jared in Commonwealth Magazine
- Support the efforts underway to make up for lost learning and social-emotional development
- Continue to create more pathways to college and jobs and more support for students’ needs outside the classroom, including more afterschool opportunities