- Longstanding racial disparities in education, healthcare, law enforcement, immigration, housing, and the workplace block opportunities for people of color in Lynn.
- While we were dealing with the impacts of a pandemic felt disproportionately by race and class, events and activism has brought the Black Lives Matter and Stop AAPI Hate movements to the forefront of our collective attention. This is also true in Lynn.
- The School Committee unanimously adopted a resolution affirming our schools as safe and welcoming sanctuaries for all students in 2017, including a commitment that at all LPS students will be treated equally regardless of their immigration status.
- The School Committee unanimously passed a resolution in support of eradicating racism in 2020, highlighting our ongoing efforts and committing to tangible next steps.
- Jared has provided pro bono legal services to more than a hundred entrepreneurs of color over the years as part of his work as a lawyer and law professor with small businesses in support of community-led growth.
- Push for an equitable rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine and an equitable recovery for the economy.
- Work to eliminate gaps in student achievement by race.
- Bring more diversity to public jobs so that our agencies can better reflect and serve the community.
- Pursue vision of public safety that sends the right team with the right skills in the right moments.